ETI-MBMC meeting at GC 2017
Date: Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Time: 7:30 – 8:30
Place: 4A/4B at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Singapore
- Preparation for the bi-annual evaluation
- Reporting on the MBMC track for Globecom 2017 and ICC 2018
- Recent PRAC review of TMBMC
- ETI-MBMC policies
Attendees: Yifan Chen, Urbashi Mitra, Robert Schober, Andrew Eckford, Nariman Farsad , Adam Noel and others. A total of 14 people attended the meeting.
- Yifan Chen gave introductory remarks.
- Yifan Chen explained the biannual review of the ETI-MBMC that takes place December 2018. Discussed how the membership can be increased and pointed out the need of reaching out industry.
- Robert Schober gave an update on the SAC MBMC track at Globecom 2017. The SAC MBMC track at Globecom 2017 has secured two sessions, and papers included are all high quality. Andrew Eckford also gave an update on the SAC MBMC track at ICC 2018.
- Urbashi Mitra gave an update on the T-MBMC status. Overall submission levels have been healthy. The special issues were successful and more special issues will be organized.
- Yifan Chen reviewed the ETI-MBMC policies to accept.
- The meeting was adjourned.