Anyone interested to join and participate in our technical activities can subscribe the mailing list: email@example.com. To subscribe (or unsubscribe) the mailing list, visit the ComSoc LISTSERV.
Mailing list policies
Only MBMC-TC members may directly post to the mailing list. If you are not a member and wish to post a message, please either (1) become an MBMC-TC member or (2) send the message to the Secretary or Web (and Mailing List) Coordinator, who will post the message on the mailing list on your behalf, when appropriate.
The following types of posting are permitted on the mailing list.
- CFPs, meeting announcements and faculty or research job openings,
- These postings must have a primary focus that aligns with the technical scope of the MBMC-TC.
- Frequency of the postings of the same event must be reasonable (e.g., monthly posting).
- Technical discussions of interest to the MBMC-TC members, and
- MBMC-TC administrative business.
The following types of posting are not permitted on the mailing list.
- Announcements of an event whose primary focus is broadly-based computers, communication and networking
IEEE TCCC (Technical Committee on Computer Communications) has well thought-out and tested guidelines for postings on its mailing lists. Those who wish to post to the mailing list are asked to read and follow them. For instance, TCCC prohibits postings of the following types:
- any item that reflects negatively on the reputation, character, professional ability or technical competence of anyone;
- any item of a sexually explicit nature;
- any item that disparages or demeans another’s ethnicity, religion, culture, or sexual orientation;
- any item that misrepresents one’s position in the IEEE Communications Society or in any other professional organization;
- any item that promotes or serves as a marketing vehicle for a personal gain;
- chain letters, political discussions or requests for donations.
The MBMC-TC mailing list subscribers violating these guidelines will be blocked from posting.