Panel discussion at IWMBMC 2018
Date: Monday, June 11, 2018
Time: 12:00 – 13:00
Place: Room N002, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Reporting of ETI-MBMC activities
- Preparation for the bi-annual evaluation of ETI-MBMC
- ICC 2019 Call For Papers for the MBMC track
- Open discussion
Attendees: Tadashi Nakano (Osaka University), Yifan Chen (Waikato University), Chun Tung Chou (University of New South Wales, Australia), Nan Yang (The Australian National University, Australia), Lin Lin (Tongji University, P.R. China), Bryan Ng (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand), and others. A total of about 20 people attended.
- Tadashi Nakano reported the ETI-MBMC activities.
- Tadashi Nakano presented how we prepare for the bi-annual evaluation of the ETI-MBMC. Discussed how the ETI-MBMC can expands its community base and increases the activity level.
- Yifan Chen made an announcement of the MBMC track at ICC 2019.
- Yifan Chen led open discussions. Topics discussed include establishing a consortium in the Asia-Pacific region to coordinate our activities, organizing an annual workshop in the Asia-Pacific region, applying for joint research/catalyst funds, and raising awareness of the activities by engaging with research groups from other related fields (biology, medical), funding agencies, etc.